Saturday, September 26, 2015

The Bitchy Feminazi Woman

Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned. The door to the office building I was in has a habit of swinging back at a terrific speed. The polite thing to do as I walked out was to hold the door open for the person behind me – regardless of their status or gender.

Lady behind me smirks and says: “Are you looking for brownie points for holding the door open?” I think I had just cause to let the door slam into her eyelashes, but bit my tongue and let it slide.

I have no beef with women or Feminist Woman, but I do with hardcore Feminazi Woman for putting us men on bunkenke and branding us sexists if we don’t dance to her tune. On one hand she wants us to ‘man up’ and shower her with compliments, pick her up, pour her drinks but when we do, we still get castigated.

Alex Carter-Silk is a 57-year-old solicitor in London. While surfing the professional networking site, Linkedln, he came across the profile of 27-year-old female barrister, Charlotte Proudman. Carter-Silk sent her a message that I consider innocent enough. It read: “Charlotte delighted to connect. I appreciate that this is probably politically incorrect but that’s a stunning picture! You definitely win the prize for the best Linkedln picture I have seen.”

I googled Ms. Proudman’s pictures and I concur with Carter-Silk. She is indeed a very attractive woman and worthy of compliments.

However, Ms. Proudman didn’t see it that way. She frothed a tsunami of anger, went mental, threw her toys out of the pram and retorted: “I find your message offensive. I am on Linkedln for business purposes and not to be approached about my physical appearance or to be objectified by sexist men. The eroticisation of women’s physical appearance is a way of exercising power over women.”

The exchange went viral on Twitter and in the papers. If you read Carter-Silk’s entire message, he was not being a leering old pervert out to seduce Ms. Proudman. He simply paid her a genuine compliment. Period!

Ms. Proudman continued to froth saying: “While men get offered jobs on Linkedln, I get sexist comments from creeps.” She demanded a public apology which she got.

While there is no doubt that Ms. Proudman is a highly accomplished barrister who is currently studying for a PhD at Cambridge University – was it wrong for Carter-Silk to have paid her an innocent compliment? I think not and I often do pay compliments to women – when it’s warranted.

But hang on a minute. While Ms. Proudman was frothing for being ‘objectified’, she and on a Facebook profile of a fellow male student at Cambridge, posted: “Hot stuff!”, while under the image of another long-haired male friend, she said: “Ooo la la!”

Does this mean it’s unacceptable for men to pay Ms. Proudman and women compliments but okay for her and Feminazi Woman to post sexually laden comments about men on their Facebook profiles?

Recently, Keturah Kamugasa, Editor of Flair Magazine, posted a stunning picture of herself on Facebook – enough for me to offer a compliment of: “Approved!” She didn’t froth at the mouth like Ms. Proudman did or slate me on Twitter. Rather, she appreciated. It was a compliment and nothing else.

With that, I’m reviewing my relationship with some women – especially Feminazi Woman and intend to draw up a contract with a disclaimer for them to sign before I talk or deal with them - just to be on the safe side.

No more giving compliments and picking up the lunch tab. I won’t hold doors open for them, help carry heavy stuff, share my umbrella with them in a downpour or offer them lifts when they are in a fix. It’s come to that. 

2 comments:

  1. Timo, I will always welcome compliments from you any time and also expect you to pick up the tab, open the door for me, pour a drink for me, etc. Gentlemen are a rare diamond nowadays so a girl finds one (even in a friend) she ought to celebrate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha perhaps it was the platform on which the compliment was offered that made her take offense.

    ReplyDelete

Rambo, Bond, Segal, Bourne or Arnie – Who Would You Want On Your Side When A Melee Breaks Out?

  John Rambo Like was said by his handler - Colonel Trautman in the movie, Rambo First Blood Part One to police officer Teasel: “ You don...